Re: Symptoms-coil? continued

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Symptoms-coil? continued
From: Malcolm Jeffcock <mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:23:56 -0300
Thanks to all who repied. I replaced my coil with a new Luca sports coi, the
car started well and drove great for about a mile. when I restarted I had the
hestitation, coughing no power etc. I noticed today that the wire that runs
from the condensor back to the wiring harness had no insulation covering where
the connectors join. Could that have been shorting the system as it was on the
plug wire for #1 ? I have not driven since I have put on the tape but will
report if it makes a difference. What is that wire from the condesor for anyway?

                                                    Malcolm

Check out the new British Cars Forum: