TD Brake pressure switch gone bad??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Brake pressure switch gone bad??
From: "Roger Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:23:34 -0400
Lost  my brake lights. Have running lights and turn signals. I thought it
might be in the rats nest of bullet connectors (yes - original wiring) in
the left rear but cleaned them all and tested with mv meter and all ok. At
the switch, I have 1 hot wire (goes into the old harness) and 1 dead
wire(runs back up toward the engine compartment). When the brake is
depressed, the power is gone from the hot wire according to voltmeter, but
no power to or from other wire . I am extremely confused. How should this
switch work??? Is it bad?
I replaced it once a few years ago when it was leaking syn DOT 5.
Thanks!
Roger
51 TD

Check out the new British Cars Forum: