TD brake light saga better but continued

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD brake light saga better but continued
From: "Roger Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:05:29 -0400
Well, I found out the brake hydraulic switch was going bad but not
completely bad... yet. Got a new Moss switch anyway - still no brake lights.
Was able to determine that everything works fine until I hook up the brake
switch wire which goes to the turn signal box (a lever action "ALLSTATE"
brand). then lost current across switch when brakes engaged. Took apart the
turn signal box, disconnected the brake switch wire, and ran a new wire from
the cold contact on the brake switch to the rear wire turn signal, hit the
brakes and a brake light lit up!!!

My current theory is there is a short circuit to ground in the turn signal
switch but somehow preserved running lights and turn signals. Whew! I'm
going to further dismantle the switch this weekend and hope for a cure. If
not, I will be asking for direction on a new brake light / turn signal
switch / setup.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Roger
51 TD