Re: Front Springs

To: Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca>, "'MG Mail List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Springs
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,
Proper ride height for the chrome bumper B is 13.5
inches measured from the centre of the wheel to the
bottom edge of the chrome trim strip.

I have heard that it is best not to judge the ride
height until the new springs have been in use for at
least six months.

If it looks too high at the front, just fit new rear
springs and it'll be too high all round ;-)

James

--- Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca> wrote:

> I just finished redoing the front suspension on my
> '65 B.  It seemed to
> raise the car about 2" at the front, so you can
> imagine how worn to old
> parts were.
>
> However, now the front seems too high.  What is the
> proper bumper height
> (front and back) from a chrome bumper B.
>
> The springs and shocks were the only parts that were
> worth keeping (and the
> spring pans, although one need a small weld).  The
> springs looked fairly
> new, and had an orange stripe of paint downs one
> side.  If I recall
> correctly, this is an indication of application for
> the springs, but is it
> right for my car?
>
> Any help/comments would be appreciated.
>
> Bob