Re: SU Fuel Pump Rebuild

To: <RobertS355@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Fuel Pump Rebuild
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:36:13 +0100
Almost certainly still work.  New pumps come with a slip of paper advising
the cleaning of the contacts before returning an item as faulty, they can
oxidise in storage.  However the valves may be gummed up with evaporated
fuel, and possibly the diaphragm could crack soon after starting to reuse
it.  If you get all of those problems then it might be simpler to replace,
but I'd advise against a 'pointless' pump.

PaulH.