Re: rear axle slop

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear axle slop
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:30:07 -0400
A couple of great sites!

1. My shop manual states to pack the rear axle wheel bearings with grease on
assembly. Are these bearings lubricated by the axle's gear oil or should one
consider R/R'ing the bearings to re-pack? (1978 MGB - total miles unknown)

2. Are there more (similar) pages available on the mgcars.org site? The menu on
the left side of the screen didn't reveal any to me. Is it something available
only to 'members'?

Eric Russell

> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 04:30:45 -0500
> From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
> Subject: Re: rear axle slop
>

> Easy enough to fix, couple of hours and maybe $15 for parts, so why
> wait?  See here:
> http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_clunk

> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:20:37 +0100
> From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>