Re: Question about MGA and changing ground

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: Question about MGA and changing ground
From: Steve West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:17:09 -0400
On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 14:12, Rocky Frisco wrote:
> I'm looking for advice on changing the MGA from positive to negative
> ground.

Keep in mind that My experience with the positive to negative conversion
is on a '60 Land Rover.

The only change I made was that I swapped sides with the coil wires.
Along with the wires to the battery :-)

No changes to the starter and solenoid. I still use the generator, but
switching to an alternator is very common in Land Rover circles. Can't
help with the brackets/pulleys/etc. but the normal wiring changes used
are at <http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.alt_alternators.html>.

I hope this non-MG information will help, at least it's all Lucas.
--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems

Check out the new British Cars Forum: