Re: Thank you

To: Rick Lindsay <rick@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: Thank you
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:13:04 +1030
Rick Lindsay wrote:

> BTW, have you sent your paperwork in to CAMS to marshal the '05
> Australian F1 Grand Prix?  I had a major HDD failure and may
> have lost the forms.  I did get about a dozen of the US F1 GP
> ID lanyards this year when working that event.  I need to get them
> to our friends on the track marshal team down under.

See, there was no MG content there but I am sure the list is OK with it :-)

I think I have - but I need to check.  I have the Gold Coast Indy300
(CHAMP Cars) coming up in October as my next "away game" with the guys
so things get a little fuzzy - I will check my files.  If you can't get
here (slacker) then get the lanyards to me and I will sell them... I
mean, pass them on!

Here comes the MG content in reply.

It is only 12 hours drive to Melbourne and we have accomodation VERY
close to the track next year so I am thinking of driving the 'B over in
full racing trim (better then than it is now) for a bit of a hoot, so I
would have liked to have given you a spin down the coast in it.

Gather those frequent flyer points up and get yourself here - the
atmosphere will be electric with Aussie Mark Webber driving his first
race in a Williams, giving him a decent shot at the podium (things will
go crazy if he makes it).

>    Regarding the MGS List, I've been a whiner and I don't like that.
> I just need to recognize that the list is predominately MGA and MGB
> populated and keep my Midget comments to the Midget-specific
> list.  The mistake I made, besides being a little too sensitive, is in
> assuming that someone on MGS was actually was interested in the
> Midget and what I might say about it.  That was my error.
>    I have subscribed to a couple of Midget lists where my questions
> and comments don't threaten or enrage anyone.   As to MGS, one
> can always lurk...

Nah, not a whiner - just alerting us to the fact that we have some
intolerant types amongst us.  Keeps us alert for them :-)

You have been good value to me and others so it would be a loss to have
you jump the fence totally.

If someone upsets me like that I usually just respond ".. and so you are
visiting your issues on me for WHAT reason???"

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: