Re: installing a luggage rack - 78 MGB

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: installing a luggage rack - 78 MGB
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:09:21 -0500
Eric
I had to redrill mine after having the body redone. Yes, the  forward bolts
did go into the inner support. On mine only the two forward most bolts got
into the support and the back two did not. Instead of drilling all the way
through the support, I just hot glued the forward two bolts in. They've held
up well after a year. I did have the rack off this summer to wax the car and
then just hot glued them back.
Monte