installing a luggage rack - 78 MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: installing a luggage rack - 78 MGB
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:30:19 -0400
I am seeking advice & BTDT's on installing a luggage rack on our '78 MGB.

I bought one on eBay. It looks like the one pictured on page 74 of the Moss
catalog - # 244-010 NLA 'Factory Option'. It has two bolts at each corner
for the mounting brackets.

I put some masking tape on the boot lid and positioned the rack where it
seems it should be located. This would put the forward bolt holes through
the inner support structure, close to the hinges.

Any advice? If anyone has this type rack on their MGB, could you take a few
measurements to help me figure out where to position it?

(I know these are for more looks than luggage...)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961

Check out the new British Cars Forum: