Stainless mesh for grill

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless mesh for grill
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:19:01 -0700
I have made a stainless steel mesh intake for my 1970 MGB grill.   I had to
buy a big chuck so I have some left over.  If anyone wants enough to do
their grill I can send enough for the grill for US $12 plus $3 postage (I
saw similar thing for US$79 in a catalog somewhere!!!.  It is easily cut
with those sheet cutter things.  As far as size goes it is fine and is
rated at 52% airflow.  One thing I find very comforting is that if your
bonnet release cable busts you can get in to fix things by cutting the mesh
- and replacing.
Please note that it suits the type of grill with the centre piece so one
would get two pieces - one for each side.

Barrie Robinson
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: