Re: Header Rail Seal

To: <mjanacek@snet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header Rail Seal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:27:39 +0100
Thanks for your comments on orientation.  We have a 3-day run this weekend,
and after a warm and sunny two weeks the forecast is 'unsettled', so I may
well have the opportunity to find out the effectiveness of the new seal,
plus those in and on the screen frame as I had to have the glass replaced
last week :o(.

I kept the original retainer/channel both when tightening the hood material
some years ago, and now with the new seal.  I folded the hood right back,
angled the seal into the channel so that the rearmost (with the hood folded,
actually the forward one with the hood erected) lip of the 'T' part of the
seal rested in the channel, then used a blunt screwdriver to ease the
forward lip in.  I couldn't really see any other way, the other side of the
seal is covered by the edge of the header rail, and I didn't think pulling
it in would work with this foam seal, unlike the harder and smoother seal at
the frame sides and bottom.

Cheers,
PaulH.