Re: Ignition ballast -- where is it?

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, k2@gernertzone.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition ballast -- where is it?
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:39:57 EDT
Paul,
I thought that metallic ribbed thingy was something to do with the stock
electronic ignition installed in the later cars.  Although it looks like a
ballast
resistor, it isn't.  I know I read what it was somewhere or it was addressed
on the list once before, but now I can't remember.  (I will have to check my
"notes"...)  As you pointed out, the ballast resistance is actually provided by
a length of wire in the loom.  That would have to be disconnected.

donny v
78 MGB

In a message dated 9/28/2004 8:35:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,