Fuel Pressure?

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Pressure?
From: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:00:40 -0400
My 1980 B stranded me for the first time today. I could hear the pump working
away and not shutting down as it should when the float bowl on the ZS fills. I
can see the gas spurting into the fuel filter but it is not filling the filter
hence no gas is reaching the carb. Can it be a faulty pump? Although I can
hear the pump and see the gas attempting to flow thru the filter it simply
does not. I have checked all the lines and there are no leaks anywhere that
would divert the gas flow. Has anyone else experienced this odd situation? The
gas tank is full but the pumps acts like it would if the tank were empty.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

Check out the new British Cars Forum: