Re: Fuel Pressure?

To: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:25:45 +0100
Sounds like a faulty pump - possibly the non-return valve on the output side
not closing, and the pump is finding it easier to suck fuel back from the
filter rather than from the tank.  If the pump were good and the line to the
carb float chamber blocked then the line would pressurise and the pump stop,
but no fuel would get through to the engine.

PaulH.