Re: Oil pressure

To: "Danny Varnado" <dannyvarnado@cox.net>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:58:28 +0100
That is much too long, IMHO.  Overnight mine is pretty-well instant, rising
rapidly to 60psi.  Only after standing for a week or more will it then take
about 8-10 secs to rise.  It is not unknown for the oil pump gasket to be
fitted the wrong way round and cause pressure problems.

Bleeding the gauge is not required, and personally I think that a micro-bore
pipe full of cold oil is going to take longer to get the pressure to the
gauge than air.

PaulH.