RE: E-bay listing - Fraud?

To: <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: E-bay listing - Fraud?
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:33:02 -0400
No doubt.  I sold a 78 Honda Trail 90 last summer and I am still receiving
emails from all sorts of folks outside of the country who always have
someone who will pick it up and will always pay by certified check or bank
draft.
Simply reply that US$$$ are the only acceptable form of payment.  Never hear
anything again from them.
Oh, good luck on the sale of your car...we'll see ya when you get another
one.:-)

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT

I have unfortunately had to list my MG on e-bay, I need the money to pay
bills and the space in the garage, the reason I am sending this to the list
is because of the e-mail I received today, it is shown at the bottom of the
auction, it looks like one of those fake cashiers check scams, just thought
everyone should watch out for this as I know other members list things on
e-bay.

The link is....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2493187691&rd=
1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT