[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Freeze Plugs

To: "Charles & Peggy Robinson" <>
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs
From: "Paul Hunt" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:50:30 +0100
FWIW none of my engines have the slightly convex/concave core plugs, all use
cup-shaped ones.  It is the inlet manifold on the roadster that has a Welch
(not 'Welsh' as some say, you get leeks with those) plug at each end.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles & Peggy Robinson" <>
To: "Paul Hunt" <>
Cc: <>; <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs

>    Paul, the term I learned was "Welch" plugs, named after the guy who
> came up with the concave plugs that are expanded by peening and that
> we're discussing here.  There are other types, as I'm sure you know.

Check out the new British Cars Forum:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>