Re: Clutch problems...

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch problems...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:08:45 -0700
Well, the reality is that (excluding the known recent replacement of one of
the components) if one of the two is failing, the other one is very close to
failing. In other words, if you replace the slave in an attempt t save
money, you'll merely wind up going through the trouble of bleeding the
system all over again when you have to replace the master in a matter of
months or weeks (or days). Make sure you replace the flex hose while you're
at it.

BTW, your one chance at a cheap, quick solution would be if the flex hose
had a cut or crack in it, so clean it up and examine it closely while
flexing it, looking for cracks.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149