Re: Got my "new" '67 MGBGT V8 home yesterday - picture link

To: match@ece.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Got my "new" '67 MGBGT V8 home yesterday - picture link
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:16:34 -0500
That is what I have heard from some of the older ;-) guys that I work
with (just kidding - I'm 45 and am getting older fast)..  The guy I got
it from (who wasn't the guy who built it but was around back then when
it was being built) said that it had a stroker crank.  But he was wrong
about the engine being a 265 when in fact the casting numbers reveal it
to be a '58 Corvette 283.  If I pull the heads some time I will measure
the bore and stroke see what I have.  This whole car is like one of
those old "grab Bags" that I used to buy when I was a kid - you just
never knew ahead of time what you would get - last night I opened the
glove compartment to find a nice old brass dial type tire gauge in a
plastic case - even the glove box looked bran new - no mouse holes (I
think the car only has about 20k miles on the odometer.

I am going to have to quit looking on eBay though since my garage is
quite full now, especially with all of the additional parts.  I hadn't
looked for several months on the MG/Triumph V8 search that I had saved -
then I looked about 2 weeks ago and then found this car in northern
Alabama - then the guy only want $1,000 for it, then I found out that
northern AL was only 620 miles from western Missouri, then my wife said
it wasn't that much money and it wasn't that far to drive - and that is
how I now have another project!  :-)

Kevin

match@ece.utah.edu wrote:

>One nit to pick:
>
>To build a 302 out of a 283, you just bore it 1/8" to 4.00 inches, same as the
>early Z-
>28s. I can't imagine anyone stroking a 283 to get this displacement.
>
>BTW I like this car more and more...
>
>Marvin
>
>On 24 Oct 2004 at 11:11, Kevin & Deana Brown wrote:
>

>>Hi everybody.  I went ahead and purchased the '67 MGB GT with the
>>Corvette engine and Corvair transaxle and picked it up on Friday and
>>made it home yesterday.  Here is a link to a web page that I just
>>through together that contains some more details and pictures of the
>>car: http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id5.html
>><http://home.sprintmail.com/%7Emgtrautoxr/id5.html>

Check out the new British Cars Forum: