MGA Rear Splash Panel Seals

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Rear Splash Panel Seals
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:25:22 -0600
Does anyone know anything about:
V.B. part number 9-9180 Seal - Push On Type - Rear

This is the rubber seal for the edge of the rear wheel forward splash panel
on the MGA.  Original type are molded as handed parts secured with split
rivets.  These "Push On Type" are new to me, never heard of them
before.  Do they fit on the original splash panels?  If not, then is V.B.
selling replacement splash panels that might only work with the push on
seals?  Anyone happen to have a picture?

There are no explanatory notes in the catalog, and I know better than to
ask anyone at V.B. a technical question.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com