Re: car cover dos and don'ts

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: car cover dos and don'ts
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:38:54 -0500
I've had good luck using a 9x12 waterproof tarp over a "breathable" soft car
cover on my B. None of the commercially available car covers will keep out
standing water, or repel a long rain storm. To breath is to eventually leak.
I use bungee cords to hold the tarp down. In this configuration, the tarp is
acting rather like a tent. I leave the top down all summer and the "tent"
keeps the rain out much better than the top ever did. I use the same
arrangement during the winter with the top up, because the tarp wouldn't be
able to support the weight of the inevitable snow. I wouldn't recommend this
for long term storage though. Some moisture does get in though condensation.
Now maybe some heat source like a light bulb could keep the air in the car
just above due point.....

Bob Donahue