Re: car cover dos and don'ts

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: car cover dos and don'ts
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:01:10 -0800
Sorry if I gave that impression, but my wife has a Geo Metro, and we bought
the same kind of cover for it. I was just trying not to give you a false
impression that ANY kind of car cover would keep a car stored outside
perfectly pristine. It won't, despite the manufacturer's claims. But it can
help, particularly against sun damage and paint-etching substances like sap
and bird poop.

I didn't mean to come off as a car snob, but in fact I do get irritated at
people who drive around with bras on either their Honda Civics or their
Porsche 911s -- if you're going to take it out on the street, it's going to
pick up little rock chips, dings, and scratches eventually -- that's just
entropy in action. It's futile to pretend otherwise -- might as well enjoy
the car in the meantime. Otherwise you're like Granny who has plastic covers
on the couch, armchairs and lampshades...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149