Re: MGC on the road after 30 yrs.

To: James Schulte <schultejim@msn.com>, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: MGC on the road after 30 yrs.
From: oliver <oliverconnect@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:33:39 -0800 (PST)
congrats!  can you share more of the story with us?

James Schulte <schultejim@msn.com> wrote:8808 is on the road after 30 years,
First run came today at 4 pm EST for first time in nearly 30 years. What a
neat car. It runs great and the gear box is a short throw compared to my 70B.
Even overdrive worked right away. Smooth ride with lots of pulling power!
New Pirelli P4000 Super Touring 185 x 15's felt great on the corners
especially on the new knock off Mini Lites! I will have to change the lever
shocks in the rear, as they were leaking badly. Plan to go to tubes to give
the rear a stiffer ride. Leather seats felt comfortable.
Need to fix a leaking gasket in fuel pump, adjust the hand brake and shave
some metal off the left rear wheel fender. Other then that, it is ready for
inspection (-:
Can you tell I'm pumped! C's rule!
Jim
69C