Re: MGB Tire size and source

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tire size and source
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:00:59 -0800
Hmmm... This concept of running 195/60 tires on an MGB is new to me. I am
not sure that it is a good idea on stock rims. You are basically running an
almost 7-3/4" wide tire on a 4-1/2" wide rim. I doubt that that is within
the manufacturer's recommended range. It might be acceptable on a 5-1/2"
wide rim. Diameter is not the only consideration...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149