Re: Walsall Wheels Ltd. Steering Wheel - anybody know anything

To: "Kevin & Deana Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Walsall Wheels Ltd. Steering Wheel - anybody know anything
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:55:42 -0000
Good grief, this takes me back.  Walsall is a small-ish town in the English
Midlands and I worked there for a while in the early sixties.  While
wandering round with a local one day we came across this grotty little
workshop in a row of Victorian buildings with a sign on the front 'The
Walsall Wheel Company'.  I made a bit of a joke about Walsall only needing
one wheel or something and was told proudly that they manufactured quality
steering wheels for the likes of Ferrari.  Walsall *is* (or more likely
'was' these days) famous for leather goods including horse and bicycle
saddles.  Probably long gone by now except in the archives of the local
library.

PaulH.