Re: Fiat 124 question

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fiat 124 question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:37:56 -0800
I assume you mean a Spider (not the coupe). My roommate had one for several
years. Great car to drive, if you have short legs (and/or really long arms).
Seats three in a pinch. Free-revving motor, pretty slick 5-speed.

Problems: rust, rust, rust. Might be hard to find one that ham-fisted
mechanics haven't butchered. Lots of college kids beat the heck out of them
back in the day. More expensive to repair than an MG. I don't know what the
parts situation is like now -- it was OK back in the 80s, but they were
still in production then. Pretty rare sight these days, even here.

My old R&T guide to used sports cars has an article on them...I could look
up more specific information if you wanted.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149