RE: Cracked Cylinder Head

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Cracked Cylinder Head
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:19:43 -0700
Tim,

A used head should be in the $125 range.  However you can pay as little as
$25 to as much as "who knows" $$$$.  For the $125 'range' you should know it
is not cracked.  For $25, well, you get what you pay for.

Here in the Denver metro area there are numerous options for purchasing a
used head.  You don't mention where you are, but you might contact the
closest MG Club, someone there will have one, or know where to get one.

Basically all heads are interchangeable; however, I'd recommend you replace
it with the proper head.  There are enough subtle variances that putting the
right one on will be your easiest solution.  If my notes are right you
should have a 12H 2389 head.

Periodically you'll find the 'proper' head listed on eBay.

Larry Hoy