Re: Cracked Cylinder Head

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cracked Cylinder Head
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:58:49 -0600
Timfboston@aol.com wrote:

> The machine shop just called to let me know that my cyl. head is cracked from
>the valve seat to the exhaust port.
> My options:
> 1.send it out to California to get Lock-N-Stitch
>
> 2.find a used head (any recomendations where to get a good used head and for
>what price?)
>
> 3. buy a new aluminum head
>
> This is a 1971 MGB daily driver (except winter).  It is not a show car and
>needs the usual rust repair.
>
> Thank you for any and all advice.

My guess is that the best and least expensive method would be number
two. There are B's all over in salvage yards. There are three at the
yard I do the website for. I don't personally have a lot of confidence
in repairing cast iron heads.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/