Top Removable Frame

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Top Removable Frame
From: "Bob" <engl@accesscomm.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:00:26 -0600
I recently bought off of eBay (yes, the evil eBay) a set of removable top
frame for an early MGB, but they do not seem right based on photos I have
seen.  My B has a later top (early 70's I think) with the black frame and I
want to convert it to the earlier top.

What I received had two top bows and a round (tubular) base where it slots
into the body bracket.  I've checked catalogues and photos in books, but the
removable top frames all seem to have 3 top bows and a bar that fits into
the bracket on the frame.

Was the vendor mistaken as to the application of this top?  (Our B is in
storage and I can't see if the top physically fits at present.)

Thanks.

Bob
'65 B '75 Midget