Re: Top Removable Frame

To: Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Top Removable Frame
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:15:32 -0800 (PST)
The stow away frame does indeed have three sticks that go into each other. They
are attached to the standard flat stock that drops into the tonneau bar
holders. I am guessing the vendor got the application wrong. Was there a
picture of the frame in the listing? (attach a copy of the listing for us to
look at).
Carl French

Bob <engl@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
I recently bought off of eBay (yes, the evil eBay) a set of removable top
frame for an early MGB, but they do not seem right based on photos I have
seen. My B has a later top (early 70's I think) with the black frame and I
want to convert it to the earlier top.

What I received had two top bows and a round (tubular) base where it slots
into the body bracket. I've checked catalogues and photos in books, but the
removable top frames all seem to have 3 top bows and a bar that fits into
the bracket on the frame.

Was the vendor mistaken as to the application of this top? (Our B is in
storage and I can't see if the top physically fits at present.)

Thanks.

Bob
'65 B '75 Midget

 Meet the all-new My Yahoo!  Try it today!