Compressor advice please

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Compressor advice please
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:33:14 -0800
A local hardware story (part of very large chain) has an offer for a
compressor. I was wondering it it is a useful configuration, or will I
find that I should have shelled out more for something better. Having
said this, I am unlikely to want to spend much more, so if this is no
use, I probably won't get anything.

The specs are: 32 gallon tank, 5.5HP peak, 1.7 HP running. It comes
with impact wrench, air ratchet, die grinder, air chisel, 2 spray
guns, etc.

I had thought that such a compressor would not really run a spray gun,
but even if it would not, this is probably not too important to me.

Any comments? Is this compressor powerful enough fto be useful? It's
never going to get heavy use -- only light use to help me fix my MG or
perhaps run a small nail gun.