1977 MGB Needs A Good Home

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1977 MGB Needs A Good Home
From: dwai@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:27:58 -0800
I have a 1977 MGB that I've owned since Feb. 1978 (the first car I ever
bought)  that I can no longer keep.   It drove fine until I stopped
driving it about 18-20 months ago (I had knee surgeries and couldn't get
in and out of it let alone use the clutch).  The body is in excellent
shape and the top is only 3 years old.  It has been retrofitted with
twin SU carbs from a 1967 MGB.  It was a very reliable daily driver for
25 years, unfortunately I have neglected it the last two.  The car is
located in Santa Monica, California.  It will not pass a California smog
test because of the carb conversion, but I believe that it will be
exempt in two years, when it is 30 years old.  I would like to keep it
but I can't park it on the street as the regristration has expired and I
have no place to garage it.  It is currently at a friend's house but I
can't keep it there forever.

It's been a very good friend and I'd like to find it a good home.  I do
not want it to become a parts car.  Anyone out there want a project car
cheap?  Just promise me you'll restore it (at least to running condition
if not top notch condition) and not part it out.

Thanks.
Rick Walden (dwai@earthlink.net)