'92 XJ12 Project

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '92 XJ12 Project
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:17:05 EST
I ran across a '92 Jaguar  XJ12 with 52,000 original miles in great  overall
condition except that the engine is fried. The 12-bangers are so  expensive to
repair, I'm told that a common "fix" is to drop in a GM engine  (350?) with
an adapter. The car belongs to the elderly father-in-law of an  associate and
is sitting in a warehouse in Sacramento.

If anyone is interested in taking this on or has a Jaguar engine sitting
around, the asking price for the car is $2,000 (NFI). The adapters run around
$900, plus the engine.

Steve