Trunk lid seal

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trunk lid seal
From: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:01:30 -0600
Hi MG fans:  I just received a message from the body shop that has been
preparing my chrome bumper 74 B convertable for paint.  They are stating
that they cannot get the trunk/boot lid to close right with the proper gaps
after using new moss molding.  It is my understanding that the original
molding was made of a very soft foam rubber.  The folks at the body shop
seem to believe that this (using softer foam rubber molding) will allow for
a proper fit.

Anyone else run into this problem?  Any one know where I can find original
trunk molding?

Jason Spaeth
North Branch, Mn