Re: tires

To: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>, Oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: tires
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:09:07 -0500
Oliver,

   As Paul mentioned, I did put the Sumitomo HTR-200's on
my 80 B.   They ride and handle well, and were nicely
priced.   Got them from the Tire Rack and had them mounted
and balanced on the Rostyles by one of their local
recommended shops.   I installed them on my car.

Gene Balinski

80 B

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:54:54 -0600
 Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:
> What kind of tires are you getting. If you have to
> have Michelin or something like that, then yes, they
> have to get them from Coker.
>
> I put new tires (Rostyle) on my 77 for about $280 for
> 5 tires, mounted and balanced.  I found a local
> auto cross guy, retired mechanic who has tire equipment
> in his garage and is a Tire Rack "vendor".
>
> Anyway, I put Kumho tires on and am happy with them.
> Gene,
> on the list, put Sumitomo's on his also from Tire Rack.
> And
> he is also happy with them.
>
> It is going to cost more for mounting and balancing on
> the
> wires, but not that much. While the XZXs were good tires
> for
> their day, today's economy car tires are better. And at
> $30-35
> a tire, much less.
>
> Oliver wrote:
> > i just had a bit of a shock!  i need new tires for my
> 73 cbb, with
> > "original" painted wires (added by the dealer).  i was
> told by discount
> > tire, who had to go through coker, that the 14" radial
> tires are $185 each.
> >
> > anyone have a better source?

=s!

http://www.nni.com/