Steering Column warning

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Column warning
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:03:41 -0800
Listers,
Just checking out the horn fuse in my TD when I noticed one of the three
steering coupler bolts was missing!
What a shock. I was lucky to find the stepped bolt, rubber spacer and
washer along the frame where it dropped. The self-locking nut was gone.
Off to the spares where I found another nut on my spare bolts and put it
back. The other two bolts were shockingly loose!
Please check your cars if you have this setup! Loosing your steering is
not a good thing. Maybe you want to do away with the locknuts and safety
wire them as the bolt has a hole in it. I am.
Cheers,
Dave Houser