Electrical Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical Problem
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:29:43 EST
I have just finished installing a new wiring harness in my 1977 MGB. While
troubleshooting it today using a 12 volt charger I was able to get most systems
working. Since this car has never run since I have owned it I have a couple of
questions about what is the normal operation. With the ignition switch off,
when I turn on the lights everything works properly but the ignition indicator
light comes on and the ignition relay hums. (Don't even ask what tune !!!)
Also should the electric fuel pump operate with the key in the on position. Is
there any way to check the operation of the fans without having the engine at
operating temperature so the fans will start. I am dying to get these
electrical
problems solved so I can start this car. It hasn't run since 1995. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks Dave Matthews