MGB heater box renovation

To: MGS-List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB heater box renovation
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:16:36 -0800 (PST)
I am in the process of renovating the heater box of my
'74 MGB. The lower portion of this assembly, with the
air control flap, was extremely rusty and the felt
gasket material fixed to both sides of the flap was in
very poor shape, was pulled out and discarded.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement material
that could be used for this? Preferably something that
is moisture proof to some extent.

The root cause of the problem was traced to a very
blocked air intake drain tube which has now been
relieved.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
James