Re: 73 speedo

To: "Rocky Frisco" <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, "oliver"
Subject: Re: 73 speedo
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:52:59 -0500
Rocky hit it right on the head.  But I've cheated in the past
repairing mine (where the odo stopped)
You'll notice that little racket paw has a 'hook' hanging
off the side of it.  Then right o nthe other side of the pink driven gear
is a little tang on the metal base plate. I've taken old ink pen springs
and simply hooked it across the arm to base plate tang. That tiny
little bit of 'pull' fro mthe piece of spring, keeps the paw against the
gear. My BGT has been working fine like that for the last 40K miles.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com