Metric (Was Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.)

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Metric (Was Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.)
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:49:31 -0600
I doubt the US will change in my life time.

We are quite set in our ways. Though I believe
cars are mostly made with metric now, even by
the big three.

But, we will continue to have 12oz cans and 2 liter
bottles of Pop. Milk, gas, distance, speed limit, weights
etc etc, will continue to be English.

In Cub Scouts though, we absolutely use Metric for the weighing
of the Pinewood Derby car! :-) With the accuracy of the display
on our postal scales, it's much easier to get close to 142 grams
than exactly 5.0 ounces. :-)

Our Pack had races this weekend. No MGs :-( Maybe, I'll actually
get time to build my own some year. Instead of frantically trying
to help my boys finish their cars.

Paul. :-)

--
    ______      Paul T. Root