Re: OT - Tennis

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OT - Tennis
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:28:30 +1030
Dan DiBiase wrote:

> > Stayed up VERY late last night  watching, after seeing Ms Molik beat Ms
> > Williams (now THERE are a couple of healthy looking girls - both 6 foot
> > plus and 140 pounds plus... note, non metric :-)
>
> But how many 'stone' is that, Eric??  ;-)

Thanks Dan (no, really :-),

I get a shudder when I think how I was never sure if it was 16 ounces to
the pound and 14 pounds to the stone or the other way around (takes me
some concious thought to be sure) and hence why grams and kilograms is a
lot easy... all in tens.  We speak in pounds and stones for weight so I
was just being "nice to the Americans" by saying it all in pounds.
Normall, in my old fashioned way, I would have said they weight in
excess of 10 stone or over 63 kilograms.

And seeing that I realised I must have got it wrong because that is not
really all that heavy.

In actual fact, the both weight around 160 pounds (over 11 stone or 72
kilo) - which makes them MUCH more formidable!  Hell, I am 6 foot and
weigh 80 kilo (and I am trying to lose about 6 kilo on my current diet!).

So there!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII