Re: Helping seat foam a bit?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Helping seat foam a bit?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:51:10 -0800
The carpet should be held down by snaps, the idea being that the carpets can
be removed if they should become wet. For that reason I always recommend
against using adhesive. Furthermore, be aware that a lot of the cut-loop
carpet sold for cars does not have the loops tied off, so if you try to pull
it up after it has been glued, the tufts pull out the back side, leaving you
with unsightly bald patches.

Anyway, you should have some sort of padding or insulation under the carpet
-- it shouldn't just be laid directly on the floor. Jute is (or was)
generally supplied, but I have had good luck with regular household foam
underlayment.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149