Under Bonnet Temp

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Under Bonnet Temp
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:30:25 -0800
Well gentlemen, my search for such data is at an end.  Martyn Harvey, he of
MGB V8 fame, has done exhaustive testing and recorded under bonnet
temperatures for all sorts of conditions, bonnet up, bonnet down, fans on,
fans off, etc etc etc.   From his work it would seem the highest temp (at
the front of the Holley carb fuel bowl) never goes above 120 F.  Thus my
high temp glue should work as it is rated up to 180 F.  If anyone wants a
copy of his data please contact me - I'm sure Martyn would not mind sharing
his work more widely.   Thanks Martyn!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson