lucas electrics

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lucas electrics
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:54:24 -0600
some of you may remember some of my previous posts where headlights worked
but running (parking) lights did not.

i bought a new switch and it made no difference, so i put the old one back
in.  then i did some voltage testing and everything seemed to be fine, and
since i was leaving the lights on without the engine running i hooked the
batteries up to a charger.  (I also know i'm losing at least one of them and
need to get a 12 v replacement).

then i turned the lights on and they all worked except the front left side
(didn't that used to be called a courtesy light?).  i'm not sure whether or
not i should be happy about this ;-)  headlights are brighter, too!

backup lights didn't work, so after some trouble shooting and new bulbs
which i was going to put in anyway i realized the connector inside the trunk
had dropped out!!!!  should i push the tabs apart a little bit to create
some tension so they stay in better?