Re: MGB Top

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Top
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:36:45 -0800
Good point.

My take on soft tops is that every moment they are erected, they are
deteriorating. So if your car is parked outside, or spends long days at work
sitting in the sun and weather, you might as well buy the cheapest top,
since you will be replacing it every 5 years or less.

I believe it is actually cheaper in the long run to buy a hard top for the
"weather" months, and tonneau covers (which also deteriorate, but are much
cheaper) for the "top down" months.

I have had my 66 B since 1988, and am still using the first stowaway top I
bought (the cheapest one from Moss). That is because I basically use it only
as an emergency measure. The car has not been garaged during this time
except for 10 months while the motor was out.

I also think one of the advantages of the stowaway top is that it enables
this strategy.

IMHO...

--

Max Heim