Re: Re; Virus stopper

To: Brian Lundgren <elco506@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re; Virus stopper
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:27:51 -0600
Well, I don't know about that. Mostly, the little home routers are
security through obscurity. Most of it's "firewalling" is NAT.

Probably, that's more than enough. However, the newer Linksys routers
(WRT54G and WRT54GS) run Linux. If a hacker could ssh into that, then
they could get into your network. That's a big if.

I don't know much about the 2Wire product. Probably you're just double
NATing.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB