Moss/parts question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss/parts question
From: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:27:38 -0500
I'm looking at replacing a few damaged bits on the dash.

Moss part #142-260 lists for $49.95.  It's a turn signal lens.

Other years' turn signal lenses 142-265 list for $5.85.

Now, I realize that they're different pieces.  But an order of
magnitude difference?  If I'm remembering correctly, the price for
142-260 used to end in a zero ($49.50?), making me think it was just a
misplaced keystroke.

So, is $49.95 correct?  If so, why is that little piece of plastic so
expensive?

I was a bit wary of replacing a broken piece with a shiny new one, and
not having the patina to match the other side... and at that price, I'm
sure not going to replace them as a pair!

M.