Supercharged vs. naturally aspirated

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supercharged vs. naturally aspirated
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:32:37 -0800 (PST)
I'm getting ready to build an engine for my MGB and I
have a couple of questions:

1)  I'm trying to decide bewteen building a 1924cc
naturally-aspirated engine, fitted with a crossflow
head and twin DCOE Webers, and building a 1924cc
engine and fitting it with the Moss supercharger.
>From the standpoint of power and reliability, which
configuration would you prefer if it were your car?

2)  Is anyone running either of these engine
configurations currently?  If so, can you give me your
experience with the engine?  Power, flexibility,
driveability, reliability, cost, things to do or not
do, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005