LH Type Overdrive Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LH Type Overdrive Question
From: pokrefke1@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:32:47 +0000
I recently resinstalled my 'self-rebuilt' LH type overdrive.  The clutch
sliding member needed to be replaced.  After a test drive, the overdrive does
not work.

I checked the electrical system and comfirmed it works properly.  The solenoid
draws .8 amps (while sitting on my bench), and I removed the solenoid and
plunger and verfied it works.

What other tests can I perform while the overdrive is in the car?  If I remove
the low pressure/relief valve, should I be able to see oil being pumped when
the transmission shaft is rotated?

My gut feeling is the low pressure/relief valve assembly is to blame.  If I
remove it, how do I put all the pieces back in (while the overdrive is in the
car)?  Some petroleum jelly to hold the pieces in place?

Thank you,
Thomas Pokrefke